Symptoms of chronic stress include irritability, anxiety, depression, headaches and insomnia. Chronic stress is a factor in some behaviors like overeating or not eating enough, alcohol or drug abuse, or social withdrawal. Frequent or chronic stress makes your heart work too hard for too long, raising your risk of hypertension and problems with your blood vessels and heart. You’re at higher risk of having a stroke or heart attack. You might experience nausea, vomiting, or a stomachache. Stress can affect the way food moves through your body, leading to diarrhea or constipation. People under chronic stress are more susceptible to viral illnesses like influenza and the common cold. It increases risk of other diseases and infections. It can also increase the time it takes to recover from illness or injury. There is literally not one part of the body left untouched by stress.
Chronic stress also makes you age much more quickly, decreasing your outward natural beauty. In fact, during stressful periods of time your body may be 32 years older then your calendar age. Stress is one thing you cannot hide externally, it is literally written all over your face.
So we know that stress is inevitable and we know it is ruining our health and our beauty, so what can we do about it?
1. Take a Brisk 30 Minute Walks Outdoors
2. Meditate Daily
The emotional benefits of meditation include:
- Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
- Building skills to manage your stress
- Increasing self-awareness
- Focusing on the present
- Reducing negative emotions
3. Take a Deep Breath
4. Get in Touch with Your Inner YogiHitting the mat and giving yoga a try will help you to significantly reduce your overall stress and increase your inner and outer vitality. Yoga is a mind-body practice that combines stretching exercises, controlled breathing and relaxation. It also is a practice that is not tied to any one religion and can simply be used to reduce stress. Yoga can help lower blood pressure, improve heart function and increase immunity. It will also make you a happier and more pleasant person which makes you much more beautiful in every way!
These are just a few ways you can do something about your stress to prevent it from ruining your health and longevity. In all of our 30-day Raw Vitality programs we teach the effects of stress on your health, vitality and longevity and exactly how to create and use healthy stress management practices in your every day life for the rest of your life. To learn more about how Raw Vitality can increase your health, help you reverse and heal chronic health conditions and prevent them long term visit us at www.rawvitalitytotalhealth.com