Aging is a natural part of life. There is nothing we can do to escape the natural aging process other then honor and embrace it. However, there are many things we can do to support healthy longevity and decrease the external and internal effects of rapid aging or aging that is happening much too quickly. Here in the West we age much more rapidly then is natural and that is directly caused by our eating and lifestyle practices. Our ways of eating and living cause us to age much more rapidly which decreases our health and vitality, sets the stage for developing chronic diseases and health problems later in life and increases the look of aging on the outside of our body, including deep lines and wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots and all the other unpleasant outward signs of aging we try to avoid.
There are many practices you may be engaging in now that are increasing your rate of aging and look of aging on the outside and they include:
- Poor eating habits including reliance on processed, fast and convenience foods
- Not getting enough nutrients especially antioxidants
- Not getting enough hydration
- Exposing yourself to and taking in too many toxic chemicals
- Too much stress in your life without healthy stress management practices
- Not getting enough exercise or movement
- Getting too much exercise, exercising too intensely or being inconsistent with exercise
1. Fresh, Whole Nutrient Dense EatingThere are many problems with the way we commonly eat in the West which directly contributes to aging, disease and decreased natural beauty. The most important areas to pay attention to are eating diets made of food products, not real foods, which are low in nutrients and high in toxic health harming chemicals and eating very few fresh plant based foods while eating high amounts of animal based products. By eating food products instead of real foods we are not getting the nutrients we need and are taking in many chemicals and additives that are harming our cells and causing them to age much more quickly. Foods that are not fresh or plant based are also low in water content so contribute to a cycle of dehydration which causes many of the unwanted skin and joint problems we hope to avoid in our later years. Diets that are high in animal products and low in fresh plant based foods are also more demanding on the digestive system, taking energy away from daily repair and healing, and are very acidic, all which contributes to rapid aging and health problems later in life. By making a switch to a diet that is HIGH in plant based foods, is at least 80% fresh and organic we avoid many of the problems common in most of the population later in life. You can also add in daily fresh juicing to increase the amount of fresh whole nutrients you are taking in each day while helping your body to naturally cleanse and detoxify each and every day. You can download 10 Fast, Fresh and Healthy Recipes directly from the Raw Vitality web site or join one of our 30-day online programs to learn how to shop, prepare and eat fresh, whole nutrient dense foods simply and sustainably.
2. Reducing How Much You Eat
3. Stay Active, Consistently and in Balance
4. Manage Your StressMedical research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, suggests that up to 90% of all illness and disease is stress-related. It is estimated that 75-90% of all doctor's office visits are for stress-related ailments and complaints. Stress costs American industry more than $300 billion annually and more then 43% of all adults suffer adverse health effects from stress. Stress is literally tearing our health apart. Stress also ages us much more rapidly, as much as 32 years more internally then your chronological age, during stressful periods of time. Stress is often inevitable in life, how you deal with your stress, however, is completely under your control. Implementing and using daily healthy stress management practices is extremely important. In Raw Vitality we teach the use of yoga, meditation and deep breathing exercises to help manage stress in a healthy way and prevent it from wrecking your health or aging you much more rapidly.
5. Reduce Your Exposure to ToxinsThe most toxic place on Earth is right inside your home. That may be shocking to hear but it makes sense when you begin to understand how many toxic products you are using inside your home, in and around your home like in your garden and lawn and most especially your body and personal care products. Commercial personal care products are loaded with toxic chemicals that have been linked to a variety of health problems and we are slathering them on the largest, most absorbent organ of our body each and every day, our skin! Toxic chemicals found in these products directly harm cells and increase the rate at which we age, they also contribute to the process of chronic diseases and pain as we age. Your best approach is to start using green living practices to reduce your exposure to health harming toxins and moving to using greener cleaner versions of your products as you run out of commercial products. Any of our Raw Vitality 30-day programs teach the most effective green living practices and how to implement them into your daily life so you can decrease your exposure to health harming toxins and increase your natural longevity and vitality.
By following these 5 simple holistic health strategies you can increase your healthy longevity, decrease the problems commonly associated with aging and naturally increase your beauty without having to spend all that money on expensive products and treatments to make you artificially look younger!
Get a free taste of Raw Vitality with 10 Fresh, Fast & Healthy Raw Vitality Recipes at www.rawvitalitytotalhealth.com